Winston Hancock - Home Page
- Winston Hancock. "The One and Only." It's true, I googled myself and I really am the one and only.
- For a limited time, a $3 donation from each sale will go to the Salvation Army's "Partners in Mission" appeal.
- The sound clip of Jeff Healey (vocals) and Winston Hancock (lead guitar) was recorded live at the "Heads or Tails Club" in Etobicoke, November 2003. I was deeply saddened to hear of Jeff's passing. My memory of him is he was a good guy and a super player.
- There are a lot of people who have helped and inspired me in recent years. In artistic and musical terms, no one has been more of an inspiration to me than Norman Amadio. He is truly a jazz giant, a contemporary of the Oscar Petersons and the Bud Powells of this world and an unsung Canadian treasure. I can credit him with giving me a better way of hearing music and rekindling my desire to write songs.
Norman will be turning 80 years old on April 14 '08 - What an inspiration - Come to think of it, he's no slouch in the 'knowledge of scripture' department either.
- Track 2 on the CD, "Stone on the Ground," is based on a high profile murder in Toronto during the Summer of '02 - Screenplay to follow.